Monday, March 7, 2011

The Beginning of the Blogging: It begins with LOVE...

Welcome to our blog! James and I decided that he would let me do a blog in hopes that maybe I could relieve some frustration from the what seems like daily mishaps in our life! We also decided to do it in hopes that our trials could help others, or others could help with our trials!
If you know anything about us, you know that the past 4 to 5 years have not given us a break... we have been put through the ringer! All of our loved ones continually tell us to keep the faith, keep praying, and never lose sight of Him. We have done this, but we have had many yelling matches with Him as well. As my mom told me tonight though, he can handle being yelled at ever so often! 
From health issues to medical bills stemming from the health issues to job issues for us both to random mishaps here and there to trying to start a family, we have not had the best of luck. What we do have though: the LOVE of each other and our families. LOVE is the reason that we keep trudging along each and every day... LOVE is what motivates us to get up each morning and do the best we can... LOVE is what brought us together in the first place! 
We just celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary (3/4/06) and our 11 year anniversary of our "would you be my girlfriend" day. I started dating James when I was 15, and most would think that our relationship would be doomed because we were so young... Our relationship has never been as strong as it is now. Our LOVE is the glue that keeps us together! 
There are so many things that I could talk about, but I will save those things for later posts! Hopefully I'll get this all figured out, and people can actually start following us!
By the way, James wants me to write a book of our lives so far because of all the crazy things we have been through... maybe the blog will lead to me getting started on that --- (wink, wink) 

6 comments:

  1. Happy late anniversary! Keep on keepin' on! I'm proud to consider both of you friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go, you two! You both will always be my special friends during this crazy thing called life. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea Rachel! The love you and James share will get you through anything that life throws your way. Prayers do get answered, just not when we think they should be. I pray for y'all everyday and have faith that the blessings will come your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I strongly believe God never throws anything at us that we can't handle. You two make a great couple/team. I remember freshman/soph summer going to your house party and James and I talking about how awesome the band DC Talk was....haha; it's amazing to think ya'll been together for longer than that! Glad you joined the blogging world. I love blogging so far.

    ReplyDelete