Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Oh Days LIke Today...

So, the following is what I was going to post back on Thursday, March 10, but I couldn't finish it, but I figured it was good, so I'll post it now and follow it with today's blog...

March 10, 2011
Days like today would probably make just about anyone want to crawl under a rock and never come out... No one deserves a day like I've had. Days like today make me SO thankful for the people in my life that surround me with love, support and encouragement when I need them. Why do some men feel it absolutely necessary to intimidate and rule with such power??? Then, why do they expect women like me to be stupid and just tuck my tail between my legs and not ask questions??? It's hard to earn my respect and trust, but a man who I really appreciated and respected and admired lost ALL respect from me today. Now I'm just a mess because I want to know how I'm expected to continue giving all of myself to something that doesn't have a place for me anymore. I'm hurt, devastated and mad, and I was wronged. 
Now the positives out of the situation: I often want to stand up for myself, but I often chicken out... Not today! I made my daddy proud! I went in with what I was going to say, and I said it. Even through tons of tears and anger, I was pretty proud of myself! The other positive was that there really are people who care about me. I knew that people liked me and tolerated me, but today, people really showed their emotion, love and caring tears. I truly have an amazing network of "work peeps." 
With all of this said, once again I'm left wondering why life has to keep throwing obstacles in our path... It doesn't make sense to me at all. I know obstacles is a part of life, but not this many. I don't care what people say, God has really given us too much to carry at times. I sure hope the weight on my shoulders is eased... And sooner would be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment