Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The definition of fair...

The definition of fair is: free from injustice. The definition of injustice is: unjust or unfair action or treatment. "It isn't fair!" We hear it all the time. I hear it from my students ALL the time. I have said it recently, and it makes me SO mad when people tell me, "Well, life isn't fair!" I tell that to my kids all the time, but that's because they wanted the pink marker and someone else took it! They aren't saying it because their jobs have gone down the drain or they are unable to have children which is their ultimate dream. Life isn't fair, and just be patient because God has a plan for you are the two statements that I probably hate the most these days. Tell me what is fair about James and I not being able to be parents! Tell me why God has put me and James through so much medical frustration and heartbreak with all aspects of our lives. And, to get off of the selfish boat: Tell me what is fair about a  high school friend of mine losing his dad to cancer before he got to meet his first grandchild. Tell me what is fair about a 3 year old girl celebrating her 3rd birthday at Cook's Children Hospital because she is receiving medical treatment for leukemia. I know these aren't things that people want to hear, but they are things that I think in my head ALL the time! So, if ya hate me now because of these things... well, I got nothing ;)

To put the positive spin on all of this, all of our unfair happenings and obstacles really make us realize the things that we DO have. The definition of awesome is: inspiring complete awe. Tell me how awesome it is that I have a mom and a dad that I know are the ABSOLUTE most bestest parents in the entire world! Tell me how awesome it is that we have a 4 year old niece who can put a smile on our faces without even saying a word. Tell me how awesome it is that we both have family that we can count on any day, any hour, any minute, any second in this crazy world! Tell me how awesome it is that my amazing cousin and best friend Kimster and her hubby Timster (who I now love to about the Casa Ole in Bellmead... this is an inside joke!) are pregnant and have been SO patient and understanding of me during this emotional time in our family! Tell me how awesome it is that I have my ugly Peechoo to lean on like all sisters dream of being able to do! Tell me how INCREDIBLY awesome it is that James and I have each other... I just can't nor do I want to imagine my world without him in it.

So, why can't people say, "Life is full of unfair's and awesome's, so hang in there and you'll get your awesome!" Yea... I like that! 
To close, I know that there is always someone who has it worse than I do. I just have a hard time realizing that sometimes, and I know that's selfish, but I do take time to be thankful for all of my "awesomes." 
Love y'all!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for counting me in your awesome list! I love you and will always be there to help you through the "unfairs" in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO stealing that unfair and awesome quote to put on FB LOL... maybe even my blog... of course I will give you credit! I wish you well! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rach, I feel ya! I've been contemplating the same things lately.

    Not to be lame, but I've really grown to love the song "Beyond Measure" by Jeremy Camp....incredible song about the blessings in his life after losing his wife in his early 20s.

    Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete